Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fine Arts Competition


"Kaitlin, you represent everyone at Kaio Youth Group. No pressure..." Pastor Josh. This year I am a loner. I am on my own. The only teenager in my Youth Group attending the this year's Fine Arts ccompetition. For most of you who do not know what the Fine Arts ccompetition is all about here is a summary. It is where teenagers (and some college students) enter into different categories and show their different talents. Example: Michelle wrote a poem, Melissa wrote a song, and I did photography last year. This year I am doing photography again, but what is so new this year is I am doing a Human Video Solo. That is where you are doing a solo drama to music with no speaking, just acting. You use your body and expressions to show what/who you are portraying. I am excited, but I also have never done a Human Video all by myself. I have always been in a group of 8- 10. I am usually nervous anyway, but this year is different. I do not have very many people to cheer me on or tell me everything will be fine, that I will do fine. I am showing my talents for the ministry of God. God gave me my talents to use for his glory and that is what I will be doing. You are also judged so you can go onto the next round. I am sharping and improving my skills every year I participate. This year will be different, but I will ready.:)
Examples of Human Video Solos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noq0y2YMbSY&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZu5WU6O-CI&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1

1 comment: