Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Presents


Christmas Presents is what most people think the Christmas season is all about. There is hustle and bustle, long lines and high prices. But everyone wants to give and receive that PERFECT gift! We spend all this money and time trying to get the right gift and a super great price, but why so all that when the greatest gift of all is knowing that someone cares about you. Through my years I have learned not only the value of the dollar, but also how much people care about me. Even though someone may not have all the money in the world and can only give a card it is the sweet thought that comes inside that counts. I have given and been given many wonderful and special gifts over the years, but one sticks out in my mind for many reasons. A snow globe that was given to me by my Aunt (mom's sister). I have collected snow globes for quite a while now and have many different kinds. I was probably around 11 or 12 years old that Christmas and my Aunt came all the way from Alabama to see us. It was a special Christmas and she gave me a snow globe that has 2 reindeer inside, snow flakes that you can shake up, and a sparkly bottom. This snow globe does not play music like most, but it has a certain gleam that always makes my smile. She died when I was in 7th grade,which makes this one gift better than most of the others. I loved her very much and miss her too. She will always be with me when I shake snow flakes in that snow globe up. Thank you Aunt Angela for my beautiful snow globe!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment