Tuesday, November 9, 2010

a thankful heart is a happy heart...


I do not know about everyone else, but I grew up and learned all my life lessons from watching Veggie Tales. My friends and I at youth group like to sing all the songs and watch the videos, when we are babysitting in the nursery. The kids may not watch, but we enjoy them.:) I know it may sound weird, but I love Veggie Tales and I am happy someone made them, they show kids the simple lessons/ rules taught in the Bible. When I think of being thankful, I think of Madame Blueberry. She had very nice things, but kept pictures of all the nice things her neighbors had. She was jealous and ungrateful and her helpers tried to tell her to be thankful, but she only wanted nicer things. Then the Stuff Mart came into town...they had stuff and stuff and more stuff! Stuff like "...And if you need refrigerators
To keep extra mashed potatoes
Or a giant air compressor
To blow fruit flies off your dresser
Or a dehydrated strudel
Or a nose ring for your poodle
Or a five pound can of tuna
And some flippers to go scuba
Scuba! Scuba! Scooby-doo-be-doo-ba!
Here we go, scuba! Come on!" - Veggie Tales, Stuff Mart
But after going to the Stuff Mart Madame Blueberry learned from 2 little kids that you don't have to have all the nice things to be happy, you just need to be thankful for what you have around you...so...what are you Thankful for?!?

1 comment: